What type of patients is ISAC testing indicated for?
Answer: ISAC is especially useful for multi-sensitized and problematic patients.
A multi-sensitized or problematic patient can, for example, be patients with the following characteristics:
- OAS and multi pollen & plant food sensitizations
- asthma (most asthmatic patients referred to an allergy specialist are multi-sensitized)
- atopic dermatitis (these patients often have very high total IgE and one of the advantages with ISAC is no interference of high total IgE responses)
- idiopathic anaphylaxis
- no/unsatisfying response to treatment
- limited blood sample volume (ISAC only requires 30 ul sample)
- not applicable SPT due to skin problems/young children
ImmunoCAP ISAC can also:
- reveal unexpected sensitizations
- help identify risk-markers
This question is categorized under: